Broadway is one of the most exciting entertainment experiences in New York City. But it’s also one of the most expensive. How much does a Broadway ticket cost? The answer depends on where you want to sit, how many tickets you want (and what kind), and when you go. We’ll break it down so you can confidently plan your next trip to the Great White Way!
Average Regular Price Tickets
The average price of a Broadway ticket is $100, but it can be as low as $20 or as high as $350. The price will depend on the show and where you buy it from. If you’re looking for an off-Broadway show, the average cost would be closer to $20-$30 per ticket. A typical Broadway theatre seat costs about $150; premium seats can cost up to $250 per seat.
Broadway Shows During Peak Season (June-August)
Generally, the most expensive shows are at the peak of the season (June through August), when Broadway is at its busiest and tickets are harder to get. You’ll typically see the highest ticket prices during these months in addition to weekends, when people are more likely to buy tickets for a show ahead of time since it’s more challenging to get same-day tickets.
Broadway Shows on Peak Nights (Weekends)
If you’re planning to see a Broadway show on a weekend, be prepared to pay more than you would on a weekday. This is because tickets are much harder to come by on weekends and are often sold out, so demand is higher. Moreover, since weekends are more popular for tourists and locals alike, more people will purchase tickets simultaneously as you. The consequence of this increased demand is that ticket prices tend to be higher during peak hours (weekends), especially when it comes to “last-minute sales” or rush tickets.
The Best Deals On Broadway Show Tickets
- Rush and lottery tickets are the best way to get cheap Broadway tickets. These tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis on the day of the performance at each theatre’s box office. If you arrive early in the morning, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to get into one of these shows for just $40 or less (half that if it’s an off-peak performance).
- Standing room-only tickets are another great deal—and they’re even better than rush/lottery ones because they allow you to see a show without buying an expensive seat in advance. You can purchase standing-room-only tickets for most Broadway shows for about $50 each (much cheaper than regular seats). Still, this option does require waiting until the day of the performance and then waiting in line outside the theatre before doors open at precisely 10 am sharp! Even though this may sound like a hassle, it’s well worth it if you’re on a budget and don’t mind standing for an hour or two during intermission.
- Discounted prices are another option—but be warned: these aren’t always advertised by theatres or ticket brokers (and sometimes depend on who knows what). We recommend looking up discount codes online before purchasing your ticket so that you don’t miss out on any promotions available through different room-only online.
Look for rush/lottery tickets, standing-room-only tickets, and discounted tickets.
To get the best deal on a show ticket, you should try the following:
- Rush/lottery tickets. A limited number of rush tickets are available for each performance and sold at the box office. Generally, these tickets go for $25-$40. Remember that rush seats are usually limit to the first two rows or so, and you may not get an ideal seat. Also, if you’re interest in seeing a sold-out show or one with a viral star (like Lin Manuel-Miranda), there will likely be no rush seats available anyway!
- Standing room-only tickets. Some Broadway theatres have standing-room-only areas where you can watch part of the show from outside the theatre at no extra cost—but beware! These spots are often crowd and uncomfortable; some even allow smoking inside too!
- Discounted Broadway Tickets: Off-Broadway productions sometimes offer discounted ticket prices if they don’t sell out completely before opening night; check websites such as TKTS New York before buying tickets online or over the phone to see what’s available!
If you’re looking for the best deal on Broadway tickets, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, check the website of your preferred theatre or show and see if they have any special offers. You can also take advantage of ticket discounts by buying through discount outlets like Groupon or LivingSocial, which offer great deals on regular-price tickets (and sometimes even group rates). Finally, if you want even more savings, consider purchase rush tickets or standing-room-only passes—these will still get you into an event but at a much lower cost than what they would generally be price at!