Ilha Grand Island is also known as Bat Island. It is among the exotic locations for watersports like snorkeling in Goa. You can reach Grand Island only by boat ride. The boat tour includes snorkeling, fishing, and a delicious lunch. You can enjoy water sports and delicious food including seafood. You will be served fruits and tasty drinks on the board. Grand island is the best picnic spot. While enjoying water sports you can spot dolphins if you are lucky enough.
Grand Island Trip
Many trip organizers offer a trip to Grand Island trip at an affordable price. This is among the best places you can visit in Goa. Your trip to Grand island begins early in the morning. As there is no stay option at Grand Island the trip to Grand Island is a one-day trip that is refreshing and exciting. The trip to Grand island starts from a boat jetty near cocoa beach.
While on a trip to Grand Island you will be able to get a glimpse of Aguada fort, central jail, merchant’s bungalow, and a few beaches from the mid-sea.
While on the trip to Grand Island you can enjoy various water activities. Adorable dolphins will welcome you as your trip begins. Enjoy the cute activities that dolphins carry out like twisting and twirling in the sea. After enjoying the activities carried out by dolphins you will head towards another exciting activity like snorkeling and swimming. You will surely enjoy swimming in the mid-sea.
As you come closer to the Island you will be able to enjoy another fun activity of fishing. After enjoying a good time fishing you will finally reach the Island. The Island is in the middle of the sea and you will be served delicious veg as well as non-veg lunch on the boat. Enjoy a delicious Goan lunch.
About the grand island trip
- The trip to Grand Island includes a visit to the beautiful Arabian sea, enjoying a beach day on the golden sand, watching the fun activities of dolphins, treat your taste buds with delicious Goan cuisine, you are a fan of drinks you can enjoy chilled beer and Snorkeling.
- Before you begin your trip make sure you carry some important elements like,
- Carry a swimsuit and a pair of comfortable clothes, a jacket, hat, and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun’s rays.
- You will be picked up and sent back by your trip organizers. The hotels in Baga, Arpora, Candolim, Calangute, Nerul Area and Sinquerim offer pickup and drop-back facilities.
- Your trip package includes lunch, fishing, snorkeling, drinks, snacks, and much more. But you need to pay for your expenses and hard beverages. You won’t be able to get any changing rooms on this Island.
- Your trip organizers will pick you up by a shared vehicle at 8:am from your hotel. You will then be taken to Sinquerim boat jetty and after completing your trip to Island you will be dropped back at your hotel at around 3:30 pm.
- You will be taken to your destination by boat. These boats will have all the safety kits to assure your safety. The trip to island will take around 45 minutes to an hour.
- On the boat journey, you can enjoy fishing and experience a sweet interaction with dolphins. On your way to Grand Island, you will see the Aguada fort, Millionaire’s Palace, and the Goa Jail.
- Water sports like snorkeling are the main point of attraction for this island trip. Water sports lovers will enjoy this trip for sure. You don’t have to worry if you have never taken any water sports as guides will properly guide you and take care of your safety. You will also have your safety gear and equipment required for snorkeling. Enjoy the beauty of underwater life as you dive into the sea.
- Once you reach the island you will be served a delicious buffet lunch. You can treat your taste buds with lip-smacking and delicious food. The lunch will be a tasty mix of chicken and fish and some delicious vegetarian spread.
Accommodation in Grand Island
it is under the Navy and hence there is no accommodation available for staying. Even a night’s stay is not allowed by the higher authorities. But you can enjoy various water sports organized by licensed operators throughout the day.
The best season to visit Grand Island
Months of October to June are the best to plan a trip to Grand Island. Avoid it during monsoon as during monsoon boat tours are not in operation. Also, the visibility is not good during monsoon.
About other activities that can be done
There are many activities organized at island that you can enjoy on your Grand Island trip. These activities include boat rides, Dolphin watching tours, Barbeque lunch, Play Volleyball, Strolling on the beach, Dining, Angling or fishing, and Group Games.
A trip to Island is an exciting one-day trip that offers a variety of fun activities. Enjoy fishing, snorkeling, and dolphin sighting on your way to the island. On your trip, you will also be able to get a glimpse of some sights like the Aguada fort, and Millionaire’s Palace, along with some other beaches. Once you reach the island you can enjoy exploring the island and have some delicious food to treat your taste buds.
Even though, the trip to Grand island is just a one-day trip you will enjoy it for sure. You will also be able to enjoy the aquatic underwater life and take back some sweet and lifelong memories.