Harishchandragad is one of the best high castles near Mumbai, Maharashtra. There is a Trek called harishchandragad trek. Strong bastions of this stronghold have multiple entry routes similar as the Junnar gate route, Sadhale ghat, Nalichi wat, and Indore Vaat.
The busts on the temples of Nageshwar in Khireshwar village, in the Harishchandreshwar temple, and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the stronghold belongs to the medieval period since it’s related to Shaiva, Shakta, or Naath. latterly the stronghold was under the control of Mughals. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main lodestones on Fort Sapta Tirta Pushkarini, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada- Konkan cliff, Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar.
The stronghold is relatively ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered then. The colorful Puranas( ancient Holy Writ) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana, and Skandapurana include numerous references for Harishchandragad. Its origin have been in the 6th century the rule of Kalchuri dynasty. The stronghold was erected during this period. The colorful grottoes presumably have been sculpted out in the 11th century. In these grottoes are icons of Lord Vishnu.
Though the escarpments are named Taramati and Rohidas, they aren’t related to Ayodhya. Great savant Changdev( one who created the grand “ Tatvasaar ”), used to meditate then in the 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The colorful constructions on the stronghold and those being the girding region point to the actuality of different societies then.
The busts on the temples of Nageshwar( in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the stronghold belongs to the medieval period since it’s related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath.
Later the stronghold was under the control of captains. The Marathas captured it in 1747. The last legionnaire named Joshi came a fatality in the fight against the English in 1818.
Trip Highlights originally, meet fellow trippers and protest off your trip to Khireshwar. Secondly, cross potent gemstone patches, walk beside the paddy fields and timber sections. Thirdly, explore the ancient stronghold; remnants of Microlithic man were discovered then. crucial spots to visit – Harishchandrashwar Temple, Saptatirtha Pushkarni, Kashitirtha temple, Nageshwar temple, Kedareshwar delve , Taramati Peak and Konkan Kada.
Eventually, watch the giant Shiva linga girdled by water and supported by one pillar( the other three have broken over time). still, you’ll also witness natural marvels like perpendicular pall burst, indirect rainbows, If you get lucky.
Elegant time to visit
The elegant time to do Harishchandragad journey is from August to February. This is the elegant time to get spectacular views from the journey.
- October to February – These months are the elegant to visit harishchandragad trek. In thispost-monsoon season, the rainfall will be affable and the region will convert into the serene lush green bed of timber.
- March to June – the summer season. During this period, harishchandragad trek dries up and thirsty rainfall is generally observed. These months are n’t suitable to explore the trails of Western Ghats.
- July to September – In this thunderstorm season, heavy rainfall takes place in Harishchandragad. The pathways come slippery and it is n’t safe to swap around this area during these months.
Things to carry
- movable Phone Charger, Earphones,etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen embrocation, toothbrush- toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or guard
- Extra Brace of clothes.
Rules And Regulations
- Alcohol, Smoking, or any intoxicant is rigorously banned during the journey. If set up party will be terminated on the spot
- Throwing scrap on trails is rigorously not allowed.
- Playing loud music in the mountains timber is banned.
- Trek Leader’s opinions on any particular situation will be final for the collective benefit of actors.
- During the thunderstorm season and colorful gemstone patches on the journey route, we recommend you to please take care while walking/ climbing/ trekking.
- still, our member of staff or other platoon members, harishchandragad trek reserve the right to terminate their trip at any time and they will have to make their own arrangements; we won’t be liable for any charges incurred as a result.
- of any mountaineer is likely to beget torture or detriment to themselves. We’ll not entertain any claims arising due to similar action.
- In case of any injuries illness on a mountain/ swash/ cascade during a trip/ exertion, Adventure Club Pune as a company or our original staff won’t be responsible. We give acceptable mortal staff support in these areas to insure the introductory safety of the mountaineer. The actors have to bear all the charges which may arise in case of medical emergency or exigency condition.
- Wearing any valuables, beautifiers, jewelry,etc. is banned.
- You should rigorously follow the law of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow pedestrians or other people from our group or outside.
- At a many locales( base village) there may not be an electrical connection.
- As it’s likely that in these feathers of passages rainfall harishchandragad trek must be taken into account if conditions are similar that we’ve to change arrangements we won’t be suitable to give any kind of refund.However, political uneasiness, natural or other disasters, If there are any other circumstances including but not limited to hoot.
Checkout: More Awesome Content