Studying in the USA is the dream of several international students. It opens the door for thrilling experiences and opportunities. But it can definitely be an expensive affair for middle-class families. Many families have to take loans worth lakhs of rupees to afford their child’s education in the USA. But let us tell you that it is possible to study in the USA at nominal costs. This is possible through the variety of scholarship programs offered by the various universities in the USA. These scholarships make it possible for middle-class students to pursue education in the USA at affordable costs.
Lots of intelligent and capable students fail to take advantage of these scholarship programs. This is simply because they don’t know about the scholarship programs available. Furthermore, lack of awareness acts as a major deterrent for bright students from availing of scholarship programs. So this article will help address this by providing you with all the vital information regarding the Fulbright-Nehru Scholarship.
Keep reading the article to know the details about Fullbright-Nehru Scholarship Offered By US Universities
USA universities offer around 1100 scholarship programs. You can avail of any of it if you manage to clear the eligibility criteria for these programs. You can get a monthly stipend of $2000 and other allowances. Now know about this renowned scholarship program i.e the Fullbright-Nehru Scholarship available for international students in the USA.
The first scholarship program for students is the Fullbright Scholarships USA. The eligibility criteria for this program is that the student should be pursuing only Master’s and Ph.D. studies. It covers the following expenses
- Full tuition fee
- Health Insurance
- Transportation expenses
- Accommodation expenses
Now you should know that this scholarship program is all for those students pursuing a Master’s orPh.d. Studies. Now you must be wondering about the subjects in which you can pursue these degrees to be eligible for the scholarship program. So all these subjects include the following
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Arts and Culture Management
- Women’s Studies/Gender Studies
- Environmental Science/Studies
- Public Administration
- Higher Education Administration
- Public Health
- International Legal Studies
Apart from these, you can also pursue a degree in Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies, or International Legal studies. It is for all those brilliant Indian students who have the knack to commit themselves to better learning opportunities in the USA.
Eligibility Criteria For The Fullbright-Nehru Scholarship
Furthermore, it is important to know the eligibility criteria for pursuing the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship in the USA. Therefore let us read about the conditions you need to fulfill to apply for this scholarship program-
- In addition to fulfilling the General Requirements, the applicant must have achieved at least 55% of the necessary marks in a degree from an accredited Indian university that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must obtain a four-year bachelor’s degree, a completed master’s degree, or, if the bachelor’s degree is shorter than four years, a full-time postgraduate certification from an accredited Indian university;
- He should exhibit leadership experience;
- Must not be enrolled in a U.S. degree program or hold a degree from a U.S. university;
- By the application deadline, you need to possess paid, full-time job experience in a field related to the one you want to study
Some important things to keep in mind before applying
Now it is vital to know about the following things before you put up an application for this scholarship program. This will help to increase your chances of getting your application approved.
- You can apply under only one Fulbright-Nehru scholarship category.
- Extensions and transfers of sponsorship for a visa are not allowed.
- The Fulbright-Nehru and Fulbright-Kalam awards cannot be applied for by the same candidate during the same academic year.
- Application plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Prospective Participants in the Fulbright program should be aware that their capacity to go to the United States and take part in academic programs may be impacted by public health conditions, the availability of consular services, travel, as well as U.S. institutional operational status, and policies.
Fullbright-Nehru Scholarships and fulfill your dream of studying at very nominal costs in the USA.
Wrapping it up
Studying in the USA is the dream of many students. But sadly many middle-class families are unable to fund the education for their kids. So to prevent bright students from missing out on a chance of studying in the US, there is a variety of scholarship programs. This article has discussed in detail one of the popular scholarship programs- the Fullbright-Nehru Scholarship. If you meet the necessary conditions then what are you waiting for? Apply for it and study in the USA at an affordable cost.